4:00 Update Friday: Tori Is Still Stable, But Staying In ICU For The Night

Tori has spent the past hour or so in Christina's lap.  It feels good to touch and hold her after for so long.  She's actually been conscious enough to respond to our questions and motion for things like her pacifier.  She was copying Bonnie while she was washing her hands with foam disinfectant, so she gave Tori some and Tori washed her own hands.  They're managing her pain with some morphine and keeping a pretty close eye on her oxygen levels.



Bonnie asked Tori if she would want a popsicle and Tori nodded her head 'yes'.  She brought back a bright red popsicle and Tori actually fed it to herself.  Really fun to see her moving and interacting with us.



Tessa will be visiting here at 4:30 along with Grandma and Papa.  I think Tori's looking forward to that.  We mentioned that Tessa is coming, and Tori mouthed the word 'Jie Jie' (pronounced Jeeay Jeeay).  That's Chinese for big sister.

Dr. Kyser has written up orders for Tori to be released tomorrow from the ICU, but barring any further surprises, she could be moved tonight if for some reason they needed room in the ICU.

Thank you again so much for praying.  We have felt them for sure.

Comments

  1. Yeah!!!!!! She looks great! I am heading away for the weekend but want you to know that I am praying and will check in when I get a chance!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment