Day 3: Late Afternoon Update

 
 Yep that's what kind of day it's been
 


We started the day thinking we'd transfer out of ICU this morning.  Around 11:00am Tori's labs came back and she still had low potassium levels.  At 11:30am they started another potassium chloride drip.  It takes four hours.  Best case scenario, we'll be out of ICU at dinner time.  Our poor nurse Krista, had been assigned two patients assuming we'd be out of here pretty quickly.  Nope.  She's been kept very busy today.

Tori has had an exhausting day.  She'll be sleeping peacefully one minute and then the next she'll be sitting up twisting and turned tangling all her cords and IV lines.  It's quite the challenge.  To add to Tori's misery because she is such a thrasher, she pulled off a bit of the sealing around her jugular line, (the one in her neck).  This is not good, as exposure can easily lead to infection.  She had to have that dressing changed, a very uncomfortable and painful process.  Poor thing. 

On the positive side of things, we've been getting attentive care and Tori is eating more and communicating more.  I have chicken noodle soup waiting for her when she wakes up.

Aaron and I are hanging in there. Aaron recently left to pick up Tessa and spend a bit of time with her and check on our cats. Tessa has been well taken care of by both sets of grandparents and treated to special times with each of them. We are beyond blessed to have the families that we do. But I do miss my sweet Tessa. I can't think about it too much or I start tearing up. She is just so sweet, so fun, and so full of life. Yesterday before she came to see us, she drew a special picture of flowers for me, colored a pony picture for Daddy and made Tori a pony mobile to hang over her crib.  Pictures are below. What a gift that little girl is. We're hoping and praying we get some time together as a family this evening, hopefully in the pediatric ward. When I talked to her earlier today she mentioned wanting to spend some time with Tori and laugh a little and relax a little. I love that girl!

Tessa's sweet mobile for Tori


Comments