Glimpses of Tori

Last night because Tori was so out of it, Aaron went home and I slept for a few hours in the quiet room (a room with 6-7 beds in it for parents whose children are in the ICU). Tonight I am so thankful I decided to attempt sleep in the blue vinyl lounger next to Tori's crib. I woke up around 11:45 to the sound of her cries. They sound so different now after having the breathing tube in. They are weak and raspy, I don't think I responded as quickly as I  normally do. I was able to comfort her and hold her for a bit. The nurse gave her some additional pain meds which helped, but she ended up being awake for quite some time. She ate a bit of jello (seems so appropriate for the hospital), drank some water and then slept very briefly. Shortly after she was uncomfortable again. I got her situated in bed and she asked to eat. We tried crackers this time...saltines and Scooby Snacks. She enjoyed both. The Scooby Snacks look like little dog treats and as I told her that she tried to make her "woof woof" sound. So sweet to see little glimpses of the precious Tori we know even in the midst of her discomfort. She enjoyed being in control of the cracker bag and even seemed to enjoy saying the word "cracker" several times. These little milestones of being able to drink and eat again are wonderful. She hasn't needed additional oxygen for about 10 hours now. So so good. She is resting peacefully now and I should attempt to as well.

Thank you again to all of you who continue to lift Tori and our family up in prayer before our gracious Heavenly Father.  Good night!

Comments

  1. Rejoicing with you still. Thank you for taking the time to blog and post such wonderful pics. Loving also the song God is reassuring you with- helping lead it at church tomorrow too! Know that you're still lifted up in prayer. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment