Here we are two weeks after Tori's surgery. Hard to believe it's actually been that long. Of course, looking at Tori's behavior, you would never guess she went through what she did. We're having trouble slowing her down. We know her sternum is wired closed, but we cringe each time she runs, falls and tries to catch herself. Yikes, slow down kid!
As active as Tori has been, she is also still very clingy, which makes things tough for Christina around the house. Fortunately, we have been incredibly blessed with wonderful meals from wonderful friends and family. This has been so helpful. Christina is the most capable person I know, but even she will admit that she is not the best one-armed chef. Thank you to everyone that has helped with meals. We are blessed.
She had her appointment with her pediatrician on Monday. Our cardiologist wanted us to check in with him to get baseline levels on her. All they did was weigh her and listen to her heart. No temperature or blood pressure check. That seemed a little laissez-faire after a major surgery. Oh well.
Her sleep is getting better. She's consistently back to going to sleep between 7:30 and 8:00, which is a blessing. We still have wake-ups a couple times a night, but are hopeful that things will continue to improve.
Well, since this blog is suppose to be about our whole family and not just one member, we thought we would share a video of Tessa's Greates Hits. I showed this in church last Sunday during a message I gave on why we sing. She was a hit. It is really amazing to hear how her love for Jesus grows through the songs she makes up. She is a joy and we thank God for her everyday.
Enjoy!
As active as Tori has been, she is also still very clingy, which makes things tough for Christina around the house. Fortunately, we have been incredibly blessed with wonderful meals from wonderful friends and family. This has been so helpful. Christina is the most capable person I know, but even she will admit that she is not the best one-armed chef. Thank you to everyone that has helped with meals. We are blessed.
She had her appointment with her pediatrician on Monday. Our cardiologist wanted us to check in with him to get baseline levels on her. All they did was weigh her and listen to her heart. No temperature or blood pressure check. That seemed a little laissez-faire after a major surgery. Oh well.
Her sleep is getting better. She's consistently back to going to sleep between 7:30 and 8:00, which is a blessing. We still have wake-ups a couple times a night, but are hopeful that things will continue to improve.
Well, since this blog is suppose to be about our whole family and not just one member, we thought we would share a video of Tessa's Greates Hits. I showed this in church last Sunday during a message I gave on why we sing. She was a hit. It is really amazing to hear how her love for Jesus grows through the songs she makes up. She is a joy and we thank God for her everyday.
Enjoy!
Halelulijah!
ReplyDeleteoh, that video! I LOVED that. I love that age. I miss that age!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing-
Hmmm...I think God has special plans for that sweet girl! Love it!
ReplyDelete