As promised, Tessa came by with Grandma and Papa right around 4:30. Tessa was so excited to see her little sister. I came out and hugged her, then brought her back to Tori's room. When Tessa first walked in, she sat down in the chair next to Tori and told Christina how cute Tori looked. Bonnie offered them both a popsicle so they could have a sister popsicle party together. Tessa chose red. When Bonnie asked Tori what color she would like, Tessa said to Bonnie "I think she would prefer whatever color." In other words, let's get the party started.
The popsicle party in full swing.
A couple times Tessa looked over at Tori and said, "Tori, I love you." She gave Tori some little kisses too. What a great big sister. I let Tessa stay in the room with them and Bonnie gave special permission for Fritz and Dee to come in for just a bit. They were able to see Tori and Bonnie took some pictures for us.
Tessa, Fritz, Dee and I stepped out to the family sitting area to eat the dinner that Dee made and brought, while Christina waited for Tori to go to sleep and come join us. After dinner, Tessa and I explored around the hospital a bit to have some hang time. It was a nice break to be able to eat together, have some time with Tessa and let Tori sleep.
Right now the night shift has started and our new nurse, Candice has taken over for Bonnie. Tori is laying in Christina's lap and her levels are all stable. Christina will sleep here again tonight and depending on how the next hour goes, I'll probably head back home to take care of the cats and get some sleep.
We're looking forward to getting out of ICU tomorrow. Yea!
The happy family
Tessa, Fritz, Dee and I stepped out to the family sitting area to eat the dinner that Dee made and brought, while Christina waited for Tori to go to sleep and come join us. After dinner, Tessa and I explored around the hospital a bit to have some hang time. It was a nice break to be able to eat together, have some time with Tessa and let Tori sleep.
Right now the night shift has started and our new nurse, Candice has taken over for Bonnie. Tori is laying in Christina's lap and her levels are all stable. Christina will sleep here again tonight and depending on how the next hour goes, I'll probably head back home to take care of the cats and get some sleep.
We're looking forward to getting out of ICU tomorrow. Yea!


Comments
Post a Comment